Thursday 19 November 2009

Holiness

I have been struck with this word recently. As I was preparing for bible study, God says, "Be holy for I am Holy."

Be Holy! God is telling my to be holy. What does He mean? What is holiness? I wonder.

Does it mean sinless? I doubt so. How can i be sinless? God can't be asking me to be sinless, can He? so, what is sin? I found out that sin in Greek means 'miss the mark'. We are sinners because we can never meet God's mark, God's standard. we sin. it is not just wrongdoing, but missing the mark. So, how can we be holy?

when God says be holy, he means setting apart for Him. That's a revelation to me in a way. i am called to be set apart for Him because He is holy. In this context, because of His character, He is sinless, thus Holy.

next question, am i setting apart for Him in my life right now? it is a struggle.

No comments: